Add OEM scan tool software to your ELM327, Mongoose and EASE vehicle interface and access GM proprietary car computer data on; engine, transmission, ABS, Airbag, with Bi-directional controls and more!
Includes support for
Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn
Access GM proprietary systems; engine, transmission, ABS, Airbag, with Bi-directional controls and more with OEM scan tool software for your ELM327, Mongoose and EASE vehicle interface.
Tired of seeing just limited generic OBD2 data with your vehicle interface?
With the EASE scan tool software, you can now expand the capabilities of your ELM327 or Mongoose interface to access GM proprietary systems to view and record data, read and clear enhanced DTCs, and perform bi-directional controls on virtually all proprietary systems.
Just select the GM Vehicle group that contains your vehicle and you can access all the specific car computers that your vehicle interface supports such as Engine, Transmission, ABS, Airbag, Body and Bi-directional controls at an affordable price.
GM Enhanced OEM Diagnostics Supported Vehicles
Scan tool software for GM enhanced OEM diagnostics is available for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Saturn vehicles from 1996 - 2012. The EASE scan tool software is designed to work on General Motors vehicles that are sold in the USA and Canada. Select your Vehicle Group and Level of Data below and you can get started today accessing more information than has ever been available.
Note: Other scan tool software is available for Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota and Mazda.
Supported OBD2 Protocols for GM Enhanced OEM scan tool software
The scan tool software supports many GM protocols and all legislated OBD2 protocols; however, the data and controllers you have access to depend on the vehicle you are connecting to and the vehicle interface you are using.*
Protocols used by GM Supported by Software: *
- Single Wire CAN (SWC)
- GM LAN
- UART (160, 8192, 9600 baud)
Legislated OBD2 Protocols Supported by Software: *
- J1850 VPW/PWM
- ISO-9141-2 ISO
- ISO 14230-4 KWP2000
- ISO 15765-4 CAN
* ELM327 vehicle interfaces support all legislated OBD2 protocols. The OBDLink MX vehicle interface supports all legislated OBD2 protocols and GM Single Wire CAN (SWC). The Mongoose PRO GM supports VPW, CAN, and SWC.
Meaning the ELM and Mongoose interfaces can access GM enhanced data that is accessed via these protocols. They cannot access data that is on other DLC pins or accessed with other protocols. i.e., they do Not support pre-OBD II vehicles or pre-OBD II protocols on 1996+ vehicles such as UART, ALDL 160, 8192, 9600 Baud Protocols.
Supported ELM and Mongoose Vehicle Interfaces:
The EASE scan tool software was originally designed to only work with EASE vehicle interfaces; however, EASE recently added the ELM API and J2534 API to support ELM 327 and Drew Tech Mongoose interfaces. The software was tested on authentic ELM 327 and Drew tech Mongoose interfaces. It was NOT tested on the many clones that are on the market. It was tested on some ELM clones and the software worked; however, this does not mean it will work on all clones.
The EASE GM enhanced OEM diagnostic scan tool software will work with ELM 327 OBD vehicle interfaces (ver 1.3 and higher), such as:
What GM Car Computers are supported?
The GM Enhanced OEM Diagnostics scan tool software gives you diagnostic support above and beyond Generic OBD2 for all vehicles in your vehicle group; available in two option levels:
Level 1: Powertrain Car Computers: *
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Vehicle Control Module (VCM)
- Transfer Case Control Module
- Alternate Fuel Engine Control Module
- Auxiliary Heater Control Module
- Auxiliary Power Module
- Battery Energy Control Module
- Fuel Pump Control Module
- Fuel System Control Module
- Generator Battery Control Module
- Glow Plug Control Module
- Hybrid Powertrain Control Module
- Motor Control Processor 1 & 2
- Power Take-Off Module
- Rear Drive System
- Starter Generator Control Module
Level 2: All the other car computers (except level 1 computers):*
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS/4WAL)
- Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)
- Airbag, SDM, SIR
- Passenger Presence System
- Electronic Suspension Control Module
- Rear Integration Module
- Body Control Module
- Instrument Panel
- Driver Door Module
- Passenger Door Module
- Digital Radio Receiver
- HVAC Control Module
- Memory Seat Module
- Remote Function Actuator
- CD Changer, Amplifier, Radio, Phone
- Driver Information Center
- Folding Top Controller
- Headlamp Control Module
- Personal Audio Link Module
- Rear Park Assist Module
- Power Steering Control Module
- Many, many, more!
What car computers will I get access to?
*The number and type of car computers and/or bi-directional controls you have access to depend on; the Vehicle group you buy, the software level (1 or 2), the vehicle (year, make, model, engine, options) you are connecting to and the protocols supported by the vehicle interface you are using.
A 2010 Corvette 6.2L has 22 car computers that are all CAN, so both ELM and Mongoose could access all of these with the purchase of Levels 1 & 2 ( assuming the vehicle is equipped with these computers)
A 1996 Corvette 5.7L has 5 car computer systems, although on an OBD2 vehicle, 4 of them use a pre-obd2 protocol and cannot be accessed by either ELM or Mongoose, only the Powertrain computer is accessible.
However, the 1997 Corvette 5.7L (which is in the same vehicle group as the 1996 Corvette) has 11 car computers and 10 are OBD2 and accessible by ELM and Mongoose, only the Airbag is pre-obd2 and not accessible
What Functions and Features does the Scan Tool Software have?
The scan tool software has the following capabilities and features*:
- GM LAN, J1850-VPW, J2190, Single Wire Can (SWC), KWP-2000, UART (160, 8192, 9600 baud) Protocols Supported
- Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn Vehicles 1996 - 2012 Model Years Supported
- Duramax Diesel and Allison Transmission Support
- Hybrid Support
- Read OEM Proprietary Data from the car computers in your Vehicle Group and Data Level
- Perform Powertrain, Body & Chassis Bi-directional Controls
- Read How to Instructions for Bi-directional Controls
- Read & Clear Powertrain, Body & Chassis Enhanced DTCs & Descriptions
- Retrieve OEM proprietary DTCs by status:
- Current DTC
- History DTC
- Test not passed since current power up
- Test failed since DTC cleared
- Test not passed since DTC cleared
- Current DTC since power up
- Warning indicator requested state
- DTC supported by calibration
- VIN Decode
- View Controller List, based on VIN/selected vehicle, see list of controllers that could be on the vehicle
- Data sampling speed optimization finds the best and fastest speed
- WARP Data Speed Rate, up to 40 samples per second on CAN controllers
- View Static Data, VIN, CALID, and Part Numbers
- Read and Clear Failure Records
- Included Reference Library with over 8000 Pages of technical help
In addition, the scan tool software includes OBD2 Generic support:
- View OBD II Generic Data on 1996 and newer OBD2 Compliant Vehicles
- Full expanded Generic data parameter Support - 141 PIDS.
- View custom Data parameters like Rich/Lean Status, Engine Vacuum and Acceleration, MPG
- View Mode 6 - On-Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems – View Raw and Translated Results in Grid and Report Format
- Read and Clear Generic Stored and Pending DTCs
- Read and Clear Generic and Manufacturer-Specific DTCs & Descriptions
- Enhanced DTC Scan & Description Library
- Read Permanent DTCs
- View DTC plus Descriptions
- Determine if the Check Engine Light (MIL) is commanded on + ability to turn it OFF
- Parameter Library
- Read and Clear Freeze Frame Data
- View O2 Sensor Test Results
- View I/M Monitors Availability and Status
- View OBD Support Level, Fuel System 1 & 2 Status, Secondary Air Status, and PTO Status Mode 9 Support - Vehicle Information - VIN, CALID, CVN and In-Use Performance Counters
It's all about the scan tool software
This is the most feature rich scan tool software available today. Start enjoying these features:
- User-friendly software with easy navigation
- View real time data parameters in grid, graph or meter format
- High definition graphing
- 6 graphing windows w/graphing auto scale, zoom and pan
- Customizable Meter configurations with Min/Max
- Large display area
- Measure and display fuel economy
- View 100+ real time parameters simultaneously in the data grid
- Create and view customizable dashboards
- Unlimited Record/Playback capability
- Snapshots (time-stamped and color-coded) and Markers
- On-line help
- Vehicle selection database tracks every vehicle you work on
- Import and Export recordings
- Add notes to each recording and vehicle
- Use your PC
- Easy upgrading at any time
- Advanced database filtering to help you quickly find a previous vehicle or recording
- Print Screens
- Professionally printed Reports
- Include any screen shot or photo in Reports
- Acronym and Parameter Libraries
- Pre-defined and user customizable parameter sets
- Ability to turn off the Check engine light (MIL)
- Read and Clear Generic Stored, Pending and Permanent DTCs
- Read and Clear Manufacturer Specific DTCs
- Read and Clear Freeze Frame & I/M Readiness Monitors
- DTC Library of over 10,000 DTCs
- With the EASE DTC Web Search, web users tell you how they fixed the same problem - at the click of a mouse.
- Keep Your Scan Tool Up to Date with Automatic Web Updates
What type of computer do I need to run the software?
You can use your scan tool software on any Windows PC, laptop or tablet that meets the following:
- Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7 or 8
- Minimum Processor: Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent
Recommended Processor: Pentium 4 2GHz or equivalent
- Minimum RAM: 512MB
Recommended RAM: 1G
- 1GB Hard Drive Space for installation, more needed for saving recordings and snapshots
- USB communication port for software dongle/key
- Web Download Delivery Option requires - Internet Connection, Email address and user provided USB Flash Drive with at least 5MB of free space to store software security key.
What Do I Need To Get Started?
1. You must already own or purchase a supported ELM or Mongoose Vehicle Interface.
2. Order the Scan Tool Software below for your vehicle(s). Select either Level 1 (Powertrain) or Level 1 + 2 (Powertrain, ABS, Airbag, Body, etc.)
3. During checkout you can select your Software Delivery Option - either Web Download or USB Drive. If you select Web Download, an Internet Connection, Email address and user provided USB Flash Drive with at least 5MB of free space to store software security key is required.
Web Download - Software Delivery Option (You will receive download info on our next business day)
The following is included with this option:
- EASE PC Scan Tool Installation Software for the Vehicle group(s) purchased. The software must be downloaded from Internet. You will receive an email with a download link and instructions after your order is processed during EASE business hours.
Please Read: Web Download Delivery Option Requires - Internet Connection, Email address and user provided USB Flash Drive with at least 5MB of free space to store software security key.
USB Flash Drive - Software Delivery Option
The following is included with this item:
- A USB Flash Drive / Dongle that contains the EASE PC Scan Tool Installation Software for the Vehicle group(s) purchased.
What's NOT Included
- A vehicle interface is NOT included with your purchase. You must already own an ELM327, Mongoose or EASE Vehicle Interface in order to use this scan tool software.
Scan tool software for GM enhanced OEM diagnostics is available for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Saturn vehicles. Select your Vehicle Group and Level of Data below and you can get started today accessing more information than has ever been available.